Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Why should you be 18 to leave home?

As you probably already know, being an exchange student takes a lot of time, effort, paper work, patience, and preparation for your year to come. Luckily, I don't have to deal with all the visa paperwork because of Germany's foreign policy towards America. I actually don't have to get a visa at all (as far as I'm aware). Right now I am calling this little break I have my second winter vacation, this is for several reasons. For one, because of the winter like weather, and two because it is only two weeks long. In one week I start school again at the Santa Rosa Junior College. I need to take extra classes to graduate high school on time with the rest of my friends. I have already completed an extra history class so this summer all I have to take is English and of course German. It should be interesting going to the JC during summer but I know that it will pay off in the end.
My feeling towards leaving are a little mixed because right now my family is building a new house in town that we plan on moving into right before I leave. That means that when I come back I will be going back into that new home.
The pictures below are pictures of one of either my second or third host family in Germany! I am very exited to meet them. After skyping with the youngest son Jannis for about an hour I felt so relieved and it began to feel real. He made me feel a lot more comfortable with the whole idea of leaving everything behind for a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment