Monday, August 29, 2011

School

Today I have now officially been here for 20 days and it has been great. The last two weeks I have had school and my host sister left for Argentina.


Today I am supposed to make a poster about myself to hang up in school. It will be interesting to see the other kids reactions after it goes up.
On Friday I am going to Italy for a week with my host parents. The are both teachers so I am going on their class trip with their students. The weather here is a little crazy 80 one day and 40 the next but if it rains it usually doesn't rain all day. I ride my bike to and from school and around town and my legs aren't really used it it yet.
The biggest difference I think I see so far in my family is their eating patterns. Mornings are the same but lunch and dinner are different. Lunch is usually around 2 in the afternoon and is as big or bigger than dinner in the U.S. Dinner is small, some bread and cheese and a little meat later in the afternoon. I love it this way.

2 comments:

  1. This is the way we had lunch and dinner when I grew up. Later when I worked fulltime I had the hot meal in the evening - I had way more time to cook a good meal. We still do it this way, but I guess eating not such a big meal in the evening is way healthier.
    Have a good time in Italy - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for jumping in to this new culture the way you have! Riding a bike, eating on a different schedule, traveling to Italy! So many things I wish I could have experienced at your age, but didn't have the guts to. I love you and miss you much. Have a wonderful trip. We'll skype when you get back!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete