Monday, October 10, 2011

Germany...is beautiful. The last week we have had great weather! In the 80-90s one or two days but now its getting cold again and I am told it is going to stay like this for a while. Every morning I ride my bike to school and this mornings ride required gloves and ear muffs. But hey if they can do it so can I.

To the left is a picture of me and two of my friends right before a dance. This dance happens once a year and is similar to homecoming because you get dressed up and take pictures but is far different because when you get there you dance formally. You must come with a partner and dance with them. There is also a promenade and my partner gave me flowers.



Here is a picture of my host dad preparing a barbecue for the family. This day the weather was great so we thought we should all sit outside and enjoy the weather, and we did.






The north sea! Now that is something you have to see if you are in the north of Germany. Yeah yeah its a beautiful ocean? No there actually is something special about it. Every day the tide goes so far out that you can walk to an island. Now my family and I didn't walk that far but we did walk a little bit and it was really cool. We also took my friend Lara and it was a great day!



Then, Luneburg with Melissa (another exchange student from Mexico). This is just one of the fantastic places my host family has taken me. It had to be one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
I have also been in quite a few churches and I can tell you for sure that we don't have anything like them in the United States.

:)
Ich liebe Deustchland

2 comments:

  1. I really want to go to Germany, and I know something through your blog. I have hope even go the other year I hope it's as fun as going to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I'm so glad that you love Germany and that you can see different places. My parents got married in Lüneburg and I was born close to it. It's a beautiful little town - so happy that you were able to visit it. And I LOVE the North Sea - as you said, it is a special sea.

    ReplyDelete