Friday, July 22, 2011

18 days

"Hey what are you doing this summer?"
"Ohh nothin, just taking some classes at the JC."
"AWW man that sucks"

At the end of last year that was daily conversation. Later they found out home much it really didn't "suck" it is actually one of they best choices I have ever made (or at least I think that now). No in 6 weeks I completed all of my requirements for junior English in high school and now I have the privilege of going to Germany for a year. The class was fast and I learned a lot. Yeah it took up some time but it was totally worth the effort!!!!! I now know that working hard really has its benefits.
In 18 days I will be on my way to Germany and I couldn't be more excited! It is crazy because I haven't even left yet and I have learned so much. I have already been in contact with some of the exchange students that are already there and it feels like we have known each other forever.


Last weekend I had a going away party with family and some Rotary adults (and Leo the inbound exchange student from Belgium). Above are pictures of me and my family (except my brother).
Thank you so much for your love and support!

Tschüss!

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, so lovely to see you and your mom here! Only 18 days?? Safe travels! Will you fly into Frankfurt and then take the train to Rotenburg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is just me going. My mother had to take your class because I am under 18 and you didn't have a fingerprint done. Yeah I go to Frankfurt then fly to Bremen and then my host family will pick me up And take me to rotenburg.

    ReplyDelete